A custom-made dress especially for you in the style of the photos shown in mermaid colours, or any colour of your choice. A wedding dress, ball gown, or special occasion dress.
Your heart feels like a thousand butterflies trying to escape and you take a deep breath before stepping through the archway…
I love making dresses that are unique to you, so I’ve decided to create a listing to explain the process and hopefully help you decide if I’m the right person to make the gown for your special occasion. I’ve tried to be as informative as possible, but if I haven’t answered your question here, please send me a message and I’ll do my best to help.
Your dress will be made to fit your measurements and in the length and colour or mix of colours of your choice, and in the style of the example photos shown. Please zoom in on these photos so you understand my style of working. (If you like a unique, creative, raw whimsical look, then I’m the right person for you!) I use reclaimed luxury fabrics as much as possible and your dress will be made from scratch by stitching and patchworking them together. Expect plenty of pure silk, brocades, cottons and chiffon. Some pieces may have crystals, embroidery and sequins included. Tutu net is added to the underskirt layer for a fairytale shape.
Here’s how the process will work:
– First of all, please check up at the top where I update how long till I can start your dress and if there will be any interruptions. (Mid summer and the run up to Halloween are usually busy times.) Please allow three to four weeks for me to make your dress.
– If that’s all fine, and you’re happy with everything else I mention here, please purchase this listing!
– Please let me know your bust, waist and hip measurements. Also the length from the top of your shoulder (where your bra strap sits) to the length you would like the dress. Please also let me know which colour or colour combination you’d like. Your dress will include a variety of fabrics; so for a blue dress, you will have a dress with various shades of blue.
*A note about fabric: I am very happy to include any fabrics that have a special meaning to you. Maybe you’d like your Christening gown or part of your grandmother’s wedding veil included? Lovely!
– We will probably have a few messages backwards and forwards while I make your dress. I’m happy to keep you updated on progress.
– I will finish your dress with great care and attention. A custom-made dress is a very special thing and I will invest a lot of myself into your piece. I am honoured that you have chosen me to make your dress and I will work my hardest to make sure you receive a beautiful gown that you love.
– I’ll wrap it carefully; say goodbye, and post it to you!
Please read the info below for how my garments are created and care advice, along with shipping info etc. Please refer to the Indian Summer collection.
*I often share my work on my YouTube channel and Instagram, so please let me know if you’d like to keep your dress a surprise from other people and I won’t upload anything till after the date you wear it.