A custom-made wedding gown made especially for you in the style of the photos shown. Steampunk and fairytale style.
You hear the whirring of the cogs in the clock tower and you know it’s time to meet your true love…
NB I have availability to work with you straight away, but please note that I won’t be available for two weeks at the beginning of September.
I love making dresses that are just for you, so I’ve decided to create a listing to explain the process and hopefully help you decide if I’m the right person to make the gown for your wedding or special occasion. I’ve tried to be as informative as possible, but if I haven’t answered your question here, please send me a message and I’ll do my best to help.
Your dress will be made to fit your measurements and with a similar style, fabrics and colours to the example in the photos shown. Please zoom in on these photos so you understand my style of working. (If you like a unique, creative, whimsical look, then I’m the right person for you!) I use reclaimed luxury fabrics as much as possible and your dress will be made from scratch by stitching and patchworking them together. Expect plenty of pure silk, brocades, cottons and lace, and will fasten with a zip at the back. The bodice will be lined in new pure silk. And best of all, this is a wedding dress with pockets!
I have been inspired by steampunk for this wedding dress so I have used creams and beiges and a hint of gold in this dress, but please discuss with me if you’d like a variation on those colours. I can embellish the neckline with pearls and buttons, or if you like, I can include cogs and gears for more of a steampunk theme wedding dress.
Here’s how the process will work:
– First of all, please check up at the top where I update how long till I can start your dress and if there will be any interruptions. (Mid summer and the run up to Halloween are usually busy times.) Please allow about three to four weeks for me to make your dress.
– If that’s all fine, and you’re happy with everything else I mention here, please purchase this listing!
– Please let me know your bust, waist and hip measurements. Also the length from the top of your shoulder (where your bra strap sits) to the length you would like the dress at the front, and also at the back. In the example I have the dress mid-calf length at the front and resting on the floor at the back, but I can of course alter this to suit your preference. (There will be an additional cost if you’d like the dress to have a train.)
Please also let me know if you’d like a variation on colours – if you’d before more beige or brown in your dress, or if you prefer it just to be cream tones. Your dress will include a variety of fabrics; so you will have a dress with various shades within it.
*A note about fabric: I am very happy to include any fabrics that have a special meaning to you. Maybe you’d like your Christening gown or part of your grandmother’s wedding veil included? Lovely!
– We will probably have a few messages backwards and forwards while I make your dress. I’m happy to keep you updated on progress.
– I will finish your dress with great care and attention. A custom-made dress is a very special thing and I will invest a lot of myself into your piece. I am honoured that you have chosen me to make your dress and I will work my hardest to make sure you receive a beautiful gown that you love.
– I’ll wrap it carefully; say goodbye, and post it to you!
Come and take a look at my Threads of a Fairytale shop for more clothing and accessories inspired by wild gardens, castle shadows and romantic adventures: https://www.etsy.com/shop/threadsofafairytale
Please read the info below for how my garments are created and care advice, along with shipping info etc. Your dress will be hand-washable.
*I often share my work on my YouTube channel and Instagram, so please let me know if you’d like to keep your dress a surprise from other people and I won’t upload anything till after the date you wear it.